Arcade Extreme

Ikaruga, Uno dei migliori shmup di Treasure

« Older   Newer »
mitsu
view post Posted on 20/5/2009, 14:31

stima nippogiappo per Goongrave, all'inizio ti credevo un "fijo daa pleitescio" invece rulli il giusto, ma non rulli con Wow o GTAIV?

taresk
view post Posted on 20/5/2009, 16:16

BIG RISPECT FRATELLO

APRILO!APRILO!

GRANDEEEEEEEEE

cmq sto gioco e' ispiroso al max...bisogna solo di un serio adattatore per il mio agetec e poi in vga mode lo apro.promesso.

REKO

Edited by taresk - 20/5/2009, 17:52

powerfuran
view post Posted on 20/5/2009, 16:50

CITAZIONE
GOON DAVANTI DIETRO TUTTI QUANTI

MODERATORIIIII!

taresk
view post Posted on 20/5/2009, 16:52

POW l'ho tolto io!!
scusami ma non pensavo fosse da censura...!!!

tolto...the end :)

FEB

powerfuran
view post Posted on 22/5/2009, 11:01

Intervista della rivista Gameside con NAKAGAWA ATSUTOMO, programmer di Treasure dietro a Ikaruga ma non solo. La traduzione è ad opera di Gaijin Punch e l'ha hostata su gamengai, il suo sito.

Leggendo si scoprono alcune informazioni succose sulla versione 360 di Ikaruga, che a quanto sembra non è una semplice emulazione della vers dreamcast, ma è stata riscritta da zero. Questo processo ha fatto sì che si infiltrassero nella versione finale del gioco i difetti di cui siamo a conoscenza. Tali difetti sono noti a Treasure, ma non c'è tempo di fare una patch per correggerli.

here we go!

CITAZIONE
Shooting with Treasure

Interview with Atsutomo Nakagawa of Treasure
Gameside 2009.06 Vol.18

Our second interview for this issue is with a member of Treasure, a group of skilled programmers who are held in the highest praise of world-wide game mania. The person we'll be talking to is making his first appearance in the media: Atsutomo Nakagawa of the development department. Having worked on Radiant Silvergun, Tsumi to Batsu [Sin & Punishment], Ikaruga, Gradius V, and Tsumi to Batsu 2 amongst others, we asked him about his shooting memories.

[Appeal of Shooting]

First, can you tell us the appeal Treasure finds in shooting [games]?

I would have to say that the genre is made up of games that are simple, with shooting and dodging at their roots.

Then to make an interesting shooting game, what elements must be included?

Blowing stuff up, and that refreshing feel from destruction. Also enemy placement, attacks, and stage gimmicks. It's boring if it's just simple.

Tell us about elements you like and dislike, both as a player and as a developer.

It's the same for both. The part I like is that feeling from really unloading bullets. I don't like games in which the difficulty settings are changed by bullet speed.

Can you think of any elements that are required for a shooting game to be properly played?

One would usually think that shooting equals reflexes, but what's more important than that is having insight into enemy placement and algorithms. It becomes a battle of wits for the developer.

So for one of these "battle of wits" games , when making changes to difficulty settings, to what do you pay special attention? At what group are these changes aimed at?

Basically arcade games are geared for 'maniac' gamers, so they fall on the difficult side of things. Instead of making them 'difficult' or 'easy', we like to think that we make them so "one won't have a dissatisfying death".

Which genre is easier to make: vertical or horizontal? Which one do you like better? Also, tell us what points your company likes about both.

Since the method of display went 3D (polygons), due to it's high level of freedom, vertical are way easier to make. However, wide television are becoming the standard, so making a pure vertical shooter is tough. For horizontal shooters, making [the player] intuitively feel gravity is appealing. Personally, I like both.

You're referring to the change to HD, right? Speaking of changes, we've seen games like Ketsui Death Label and Nanostray make their way to handheld machines. Do you have any plans to release a shooting game on a handheld? Please tell us why or why not.

For a handheld, there are various obstacles when dealing with the screen size and frequency, as well as controls. If given the chance, I would like to try, but generally we're asked to make more authentic games, which are played on consoles.

Do you notice any difference in the shooting world from domestic versus foreign fans? If so, which one is more enthusiastic?

Locally, I find it a bit sad that shooting at some point became synonymous with "a genre that can't be sold". It's actually a genre with a heavy core fan base, so if you make a good game, it will sell. I'm not that familiar with overseas fans, but from long ago, they've appreciated well made games, and I like that their form of expression is so straight.

It seems that here in Japan, where you mentioned there are many fans, there's the train of thought that shooting is a genre for expert players. How do you feel about this?

Recent shooters have a lot of bullets which makes them look over the top. At a glance, I can see where they're coming from. But when you actually play them, you can still get pretty far since the hitbox is often quite small, so it's hard to say the genre is geared for experts. However, it seems the number of so called "gamers" has been reduced over the years, so relatively speaking it might be true.

[What is Treasure-ish?]

Many of your games are described as "Treasure-ish". What do they mean by that?

Movements of characters that take up large portions of the screen; gameplay and difficulty settings with a learning curve, and requiring strategy.

For Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga, both of which require a learning curve, there are many puzzle elements. For what reason were these incorporated?

For both of these, the puzzle element comes from the fact that chain combos are tied into the scoring system. If the enemies randomly appear, you wouldn't be able to properly chain, so each successive enemy's placement is based on the previous one. There are puzzle elements other than chain combos for the player to figure out, like how to get through certain bullet patterns.

There are some small changes in the Xbox Live Arcade [XBLA] version of Ikaruga. What was the reason for not making it exactly like the arcade version?

The XBLA version of Ikaruga, on the surface, looks just like the Dreamcast version. However, to get the full power out of the Xbox 360, we started from scratch, not using any emulation. Because of that, there are certain deficiencies. Patches are available for XBLA games, but there's not been time to address these issues. Sorry.

I thought those changes were tune-ups to Ikaruga. Speaking of ports, we've read in international media that a port of Radiant Silvergun would be "no easy feat". What would be the obstacles?

Unlike Ikaruga whose stages are completely constructed in 3D, stages in Silvergun are wrapped around the Saturn's background functions. Reworking that would be difficult. Even if we were able to do so, the screen resolution is low, so there are doubts as to whether it would be well-accepted since compared to current games. Also, the rules are complicated, and technical deficiencies from the time would be quite noticeable.

If we were to make a remake packaged with the original, it would solve all of those problems, but doing so is basically making a new game from square one, thus, no easy feat.

Speaking of new games, how is development of Tsumi to Batsu 2 [Sin & Punishment 2] (working title) progressing?

It's at the climax.

After the original was released in 2000, there was talk of a sequel. Are there many differences between that version and the upcoming sequel?

I cannot currently comment on that. My apologies.

When will it be released.

We want to release it as quickly as possible, but as of yet, the date is not confirmed.

[What must remain is the spirit to continue making these games]

I would like to ask you some questions in regards to yourself. What was the first shooting game you played?

When I was in elementary school I didn't go to game centers, so the first one I played was a Space Invader clone by Hudson, Space Hamburger, on the MyCom personal computer.

What 3 games would you say are "must plays"?

1: Galaxian: Aim and fire. It has all the basics.
2: Gradius: Features geographic elements and various stages, and also evolved the genre by invented the premise of using options and lasers to destroy things.
3: Fantasy Zone: A game I just like. Even today, the graphics and colors haven't faded. A good BGM... The shop covers everything for beginners and advanced players... Unique bosses... The twin bomb which can be somewhat manipulated. It is a masterpiece of masterpieces.

We've seen cases of amateur games like TUMIKI Fighters and Every Extend Extra becoming sold packages. What do you think of amateur game scene?

I think that's great if the game is worthy of it.

Tell what you think should be changed, and what should remain in today's shooting world.

How to get new players must be considered. What must remain is the spirit to continue making these games.

How about a word for shooting maniacs, and those who just like shooters?

It's the same for both. Thank you for your support! With support, we can continue to make shooting games.

Thank you very much for the interview.

Translated by Gaijin Punch

fontaz
view post Posted on 25/5/2009, 20:42

CITAZIONE
Instead of making them 'difficult' or 'easy', we like to think that we make them so "one won't have a dissatisfying death".

Sempre detto che sono dei bastardi dentro :D

Interessante anche il fatto che sia tecnicamente più difficile fare il port di RS che Ika.
Come al solito grazie per le info.

kotaro
view post Posted on 3/6/2009, 19:16

Un po di remix di ikaruga:

http://www.vgmaterials.com/misc.html

Ho letto da qualche parte che in Hard mode sono arrivati a 36.4 possibile?

powerfuran
view post Posted on 3/6/2009, 21:15

Dal blog di Iuchi Iroshi! Grazie del link ;)

36.4 in hard francamente mi sembra impossibile..... il record è superiore ai 35. Se hai link butta.

EDIT: ti confondevi col normal per caso?!
cazzo hanno battuto WIZ!

斑鳩 ノーマル 36,056,960 ましこ

ci sono voluti 6 anni ma sto MASHIKO (sempre che non sia WIZ con un altro pseudonimo ma aspetto maggiori info) ce l'ha fatta e ha superato il precedente record per circa 40k punti!
Deve aver fatto una partita quasi perfetta :siga:

Edited by powerfuran - 3/6/2009, 23:01

powerfuran
view post Posted on 3/6/2009, 22:23

Scovato il colpevole.

Si tratta di MSK, un tipo che si piega di seghe con giochi erotici e intanto scassa Ikaruga dal 2003 o giù di lì.
Ecco il breakdown della sua partita dal suo blog:

Possiamo ipotizzare che il ch 2 non sia stato fatto con la nuova strategia e il ch3 conosciamo gente che lo fa molto meglio.... però i ch 1-4-5 sono perfetti.

Complimenti!

Prendo il breve riassunto della sua run da un post che ho appena fatto su super-play:

CITAZIONE
And we have a pic with the score and his notes as well!
I'll give a brief translation of his own comments below.

btw he's MSK from http://www.geocities.jp/emuhirosan/

Chapter 1:
4252440, 134ch - 72s, quite poor bullet absorbing during shield form of the first boss

Chapter 2:
Went for a safe pattern, 6293380, 204ch - 82s.

Chapter 3:
7811360, 259ch-80s, only 100k away below personal best.Killed Shigi a bit slowly.

Chapter 4:
7764640, perfect chaining (237).
Boss times are 40-27-77. All three of'em are done safely, not pushing too much.

Chapter 5:
5834540, 118ch.
Lost about 15k points of bullet eating at the chougenbous.
Bosses: 60-64-1. Again, safety is the word.

Plus 100,600 at the stone.

Overall he thinks that the chains are ok, but dot eating and boss times are a disaster (WTF!).

I hope we have somethign to discuss about now Raz
He perfectly chained chapter 4 but I don't know if he knows how far chapter 2 can be pushed.
...oh well, he surely knows Raz

Edited by powerfuran - 3/6/2009, 23:44

view post Posted on 3/6/2009, 23:19

CODEN

Group:
Administrator

Magari realmente non lo sa e gli fai il favore della vita svelandogli l'arcano :o:

E btw, solo un grande del settore metterebbe Nagi-sama (niente di meno) in prima pagina del suo sito html-con-frame anni 2000.

Contacts  Top
powerfuran
view post Posted on 4/6/2009, 08:41

CITAZIONE
Nagi-sama (niente di meno)

Interessante, che sarebbe? :ehsi:

CITAZIONE
Magari realmente non lo sa e gli fai il favore della vita svelandogli l'arcano

mmmm difficile che non lo sappia.... il sito di ktr-trashbox dove sono hostati i video paura è molto visitato ed è semplicemente assurdo pensare che giocatori che da sempre puntano a battere quel record non comunichino tra loro.
Pensandoci bene, la manovra che si fa al chapter 2 per poter triggerare la strategia da 210 chain è difficilissima e se fallisce la partita va nel cesso. Gettare uno stage perfetto per via di una manovra che dura 2 secondi deve essere dura anche per gente così. Credo che una semplice valutazione del rapporto successo/insuccesso gli abbia fatto pensare di usare al meglio la strategia da 204.

Come mi diverto! :sciutt:

view post Posted on 4/6/2009, 11:14

CODEN

Group:
Administrator

:sciutt:!

Viene da Kannagi. E il tuo ragionamento... Fila alla perfezione :ehsi:

Contacts  Top
powerfuran
view post Posted on 5/6/2009, 09:38

Vedo troppo poco entusiasmo per le recenti news :ehsi:

Non sono buoni segni per la salute della scena sparante, ma forse sono ancora io quello troppo romantico :ehsi:

A voi capire quanto questo post sia scherzoso o veritiero :ehsi:

Xer
view post Posted on 18/6/2009, 23:14

Mi chiedevo quando sarebbe successo.

Il WR Normal mode, già senza le extra-chain nel Ch2 (tra l'altro una strat vecchia di anni, che era finita nel dimenticatoio), era, e resta, ampiamente al di sotto di quanto (dis)umanamente possibile.
Il potenziale è sui 36,650mil, non mi stupirei di ulteriori record. Anche se ormai la scena, pure in Giappone, dev'essere abbastanza desolata - poi, se come dice Powerfuran KTR si è dato al ciclismo... ma dico io :blink:

Entusiasmo? Scusate ma io tifo ancora WIZ. Cinque (sei?) anni per batterlo di 40k. Non bisognerebbe aggiungere altro. Non che non lo si possa fare: in un anno o poco più WIZ ha scritto il manuale di istruzioni di Ikaruga, e lo ha stampato sulla migliore carta possibile. Leggi: ha elaborato (quasi) tutte le migliori strategie, e le implementò tutte (senza quasi) alla perfezione.
Ricordo come una vaga sensazione di subumanità mi travolse al primo cospetto del suo Ch4 (menzione dovuta, sviluppato insieme a GFA). All'epoca non avrei mai creduto che sarei riuscito a replicarla. Poi ci riuscii e provai anche a fare qualcosa di veramente buono nelle full run. All'epoca non avrei mai creduto che tra poter fare 36mil e riuscire a farli ci fosse un abisso senza fondo... Io rimasi sotto al mio potenziale di 2mil di punti, per WIZ tra potenziale e risultato non c'è differenza.

Preciso una cosa: MSK è un grande. E' stato lui l'inventore del pattern del Ch3 da 260+ chain: uno dei pochi innovatori in Normal Arcade, assieme a MIR nelle bonus rows del Ch2 - poi rielaborate dal prolifico KTR. Inoltre ha fatto ottime cose anche in Easy e in Hard.
Merita quindi ogni onore. Ma WIZ per me è altro.
Nella formalità dei numeri è stato battuto, nella sostanza della maestria non lo sarà mai.

Edited by Xer - 19/6/2009, 00:55

powerfuran
view post Posted on 19/6/2009, 08:42

E ben tornato ;)
Speravo proprio che queste news ti riportassero in vita. Tutto bene?

Capisco quello che vuoi dire e mi trovi d'accordo. Speravo semplicemente che ci fosse un po' più di clamore per questa notizia; sebbene la reputazione di questo gioco sia crollata verticalmente tra i soliti "estimatori" occidentali quello di WIZ era uno dei punteggi che non mi spaventa definire storici nell'evoluzione moderna del genere. Mi riferisco a tutta la roba post-1996/97, Battle Garegga e Dodonpachi per dire. E per le motivazioni che appunto hai detto tu, cioè che facendo la matematica è stupefacente pensare che nessuno avesse mai battuto quello score in tutto questo tempo. per fare un paragone, il record di Ketsui è stato fatto a brandelli ma lì è entrata in gioco anche una nuova tecnica messa a frutto solo di recente, e che inizialmente era ritenuta un bug. Qua invece c'è pura applicazione.

Per la cronaca MSK non è ancora soddisfatto del risultato raggiunto, vorrebbe fare un nuovo record nel corso dell'estate ma ultimamente la sua forma non è proprio al massimo, sul suo blog ci sono i suoi punteggi più recenti e sono in calo.

945 replies since 7/12/2005, 22:30   12856 views